My sister made me one of these yummy bowls during the start of quarantine and we’ve been hooked since! I made some more shortly after and added my own personal touches to it to add some more flavor. We love eating out on the balcony, on a nice sunny day which is why I named it “California Sun Salmon Sushi Bowl”! I loooove poke bowls but the thought of me working with raw fish scares me so this cooked salmon bowl recipe works perfect if you’re weird about raw fish too! This bowl is super easy to make, and it’s also healthy and refreshing so let’s get right to it!
CALIFORNIA SUN SALMON SUSHI BOWL
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 2 green onion sliced
- 6 thin slices of lemon
- 6 sheets seaweed snacks (I got the wasabi flavor for an extra kick)
- 2 cups of rice (whichever kind your prefer)
- Dash of sesame seeds or Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
The Sriracha Aioli:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (depending on how spicy your want it)
- Bake salmon to your liking or according to package instructions
- Prepare the rice. I usually get Trader Joe’s Organic Jasmine Rice- It’s microwavable and only takes 3 minutes to make!
- In a small bowl, make the sriracha aioli by stirring together the mayo and sriracha.
- To prepare the bowls, add desired amount of the rice, salmon, avocado, cucumber, green onion, mango, edamame, lemon, seaweed snacks.
- Drizzle with sriracha aioli, sesame seeds, and anything else you’d like such as soy sauce, gingers, wasabi!
- Salmon: is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, a great source of protein, high in B vitamins and a good source of potassium
- Avocado: contain even more potassium than bananas, has heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, loaded with fiber and antioxidants
- Cucumbers: are high in nutrients, contains antioxidants, promotes hydration, helps with weigh loss
- Mangos: they’re high in antioxidants, improves digestive health, and improves hair and skin health
- Edamame: are a good source of plant-based protein, and rich in vitamins and minerals
- Lemon: support heart health, helps control weight, and improves digestive health
Give this bowl a shot and let me know what you think! Got any pro tips or suggestions for making this recipe even better? Share below! 🙂