It’s been getting soo hot here in Los Angeles! These yummy spicy mango smoothies has been keeping me refreshed. I make Mexican fruit bowls regularly then I thought to myself, “why haven’t you tried blending it into the a smoothie?!” So I did just that and it’s pretty dang good! Warning: this drink definitely isn’t for everyone, not everyone like sweet & spicy! If you do like sweet & spicy then I’m sure you’re going to love this yummy smoothie! Ready to try it? It’s super quick and easy to make so let’s get to it! Wait before we do.. check out my cute dog, he’s in the bottom left corner of the picture and his name is Tobi 🙂 Okay now let’s get to it baby!
MANGONADA SPICY MANGO SMOOTHIE REFRESHER
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups frozen mangos
- 1 lime
- Chamoy sauce
- Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning or Tajín
- 1/2- 1 cup water depending on how thick you like your smoothies
- 1/2 cup ice
- Pour the mangos, half of a squeezed lime, ice, and water in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Dip the rim of each glass into chamoy sauce. Then dip the glass into Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning or Tajín – same process as salt rims!
- Pour your mango smoothie into the glasses then add a splash of chamoy sauce on top!
- Cut the the other half of the lime in half and add to the rim of your glasses
- Top with anything else you like! Add more spices, lime juice, mango cubes, tamarind straws, etc!
- Pro tip: try this recipe with alcohol (I love to add tequila to mine!)
I hope you love this drink as much as I do! I love watching the red chamoy sauce mix in with the orange mango smoothie.. it’s sooo satisfying to watch and mix together. Let me know what ya think! Do you have your own yummy drink recipes? Share your favorite below! 🙂